Well, aside from all the celebrating we did this May, I decided that a non-celebratory weblog should also be posted. I got together with the girls of Southgate, and decided that today’s weblog should be about the little dearies in our lives: our pets. Please keep reading to learn about our best non-human friends...
You Have to Love the Little Ones...
With this thought in mind, I made up little sheets for Amy and Marie to fill out regarding each of their furry friends. Here are the questions that they answered:
- What is your pet’s name?
- Its breed?
- Its age?
- Its favorite food to eat?
- Its favorite toy?
- Its favorite activity?
- Any special memory with them?
Now, starting us off is Amy, in the running with 2 pets. They are:
- Her name is Tilley.
- She is a gray, long hair mix kitty cat.
- She’s 4 years old.
- She loves to eat grapes. (Now Amy, that’s people food!)
- Her favorite toy is her sleep hut.
- Finally, she loves to look out windows.
And her other little darling is:
- His name is Willey.
- He is a black, short hair Manx. (“Manx” means that this little guy doesn’t have a tail!)
- He’s just a baby at 1 year old.
- He too enjoys people food—loving to drink iced tea straight from the glass.
- His toy of choice is yet again, people Q-tips.
- His favorite thing to do is bite your toes! (And, from the looks of it, scratch your hands!)
- Amy put a combined memory for both Willey and Tilley, and said: “They both love driving down to grandma and grandpa’s [aka Amy’s parents] house since they get to look out the windows and play with their toys for hours on end.”
Now for Marie's little guys: (Oh wait, there’s a girl now!)
- The first boy is Mikey, the tiny one.
- He is a Yorkshire Terrier – also known as a “Yorkie.”
- He’s one of the resident senior citizens at 9 years old.
- His favorite food is doggy treats.
- His favorite activity is sleeping and floor-licking. He also loves lying in the sun.
- Also, Marie said that whenever he hears the blinds opening and closing, it sets him on a barking spell!
For the twin puppy-
- Sonny is his name.
- He is also a little Yorkie.
- And he’s also 9 years old… Very coincidental, seeing as he and Mikey are from the same litter!
- He, too, loves his puppy treats.
- His favorite toys are stuffed animals that aren’t supposed to be played with by puppies.
- His favorite activity is chasing the toy, and trying to teach Lillie (dog #3) the “Dog Protocol.” I.E.: You have to wait for the toy until I drop it!
Now the baby girl-
- Her name is Lillie, because she arrived at the Goe’s house Easter weekend, so she’s their little Easter Lillie.
- She is a Yorkie-Poo, which is a mix-breed between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Miniature Poodle.
- She is a whopping 3 months old. (Just a baby!)
- She will eat anything and everything- it’s all her favorite!
- Her favorite toy is anything that she can pick up and run with--size doesn’t matter. One stuffed dog is two times her size and she loves it. The only problem is she can’t see where she’s going!
- She also loves racing up and down the hall at full speed.
Well, now we’ve reached the half-way mark. So far we have listed 5 pets- 2 of Amy’s, and 3 of the Goe’s. Out of the 10 pets for the Southgate crew, I come in as the resident animal shelter. My little menagerie consists of another 5 animals, rounding out the 10!
I’ll start off with the first of my two kitties.
- His name is Zeeba, after a character in the comic strip “Pearls Before Swine.”
- He is a black, domestic short-hair- half tabby cat, and half black neighbor kitty…
- He is just under 2 years old.
- His favorite food is soft, warm, flour tortillas. He will stare at you long and hard to get them, too.
- His favorite toy is an elastic string with bells and feather on the end.
- He loves sitting on the top of the recliner and watching the ducks outside.
- For his memory…Well, I watched him being born, and we’ve been inseperable ever since.
Now for the other kitty
- His name is Pigpen. We named him this because when I adopted him, all the other kittens in the kitten room wouldn’t let him out of the litter box, so he was covered in dust, just like the character in Peanuts.
- He is a black/slate gray domestic long-hair, even though his adoption records say short-hair!
- Like Zeeba, he is just under 2 years old.
- His favorite food is our ferrets’ food. He has been known to shred the packaging to get to it…
- His favorite toy is my boy ferret, Churro.
- Coincidentally, playing with Churro is also his favorite activity.
On to the weasel-creatures:
- A little boy named Churro, because that’s what he looks like—rolled in cinnamon!
- He is a ferret, with cinnamon markings and a very faint tan mask.
- He is 1 year old, and already fully grown.
- His favorite food is soda, which he’s not allowed to have. We learned he could jump a lot further to get to it, too…
- His favorite toy is pens. We found a hoard of pens under the couch. 23 of them.
- His favorite activity is hoarding pens, and playing with Pigpen.
Now, the ONLY girl in the house:
- She’s named Skunk, because she has a streak of brown all the way down her back.
- She’s a cream-colored ferret, with dark, reddish eyes.
- She’s about 7 months old.
- Her favorite food is her ferret food. Weird!
- Her favorite toy is her ferret couch- a Christmas present from Amy!
- She loves to lounge about all day, and play possum when the cats come around.
My last furry friend, our new puppy-dog!
- He is named Boogie, because that’s what he does on those short legs!
- He is a tri-colored Pembroke Welsh Corgi, with satellite dish ears.
- Like Marie’s puppy, Lillie, he’s only 3 months old.
- His favorite food is chewy cheese-flavored dog treats.
- His favorite toy is one that’s shaped and sized like a mallard duck, and it quacks when he bites it. All day long- “quack, quack, quack!”
- His favorite activities are, going on car rides, herding my cats up the stairs, and playing “find the ferret.”
- This little guy was a birthday present to me, so he’s definitely my little Boogie Woogie-Boy.
Well, I hope that you have enjoyed this little insight into our loved ones who aren’t humans, even though they totally expect to be treated that way! We love them, and I hope that when you read this you make sure to walk your dog a little longer, or find your animal that extra special toy they’ll love. We all have a heart for animals here at the store, so it was only fitting to show our love for them to all of you!