The Free Lunch Friday tradition continues this April, as the Southgate Girls brave the off-and-on rainy weather to pick up each meal for the store. This month we were lucky, though—we got to have five Free Lunch Fridays instead of the typical four. Read on to see where we went!
Although it wasn’t until the end of April that we started having "normal" spring weather, that didn’t stop us from enjoying the food all month long from the following restaurants:
- Famous Dave’s BBQ – This restaurant was only days old when we first sampled their wide array of different southern-style foods. Of course, they specialize in barbequed-everything, so once again there wasn’t a whole lot of conversation in the office—just chewing noises!
- Port of Subs – A traditional favorite restaurant, since everyone gets to pick exactly what they want on their sub sandwich. Yum!
- Del Taco – Recently, we’d been cheating on Del Taco with Taco Bell, but we decided to get back together for some hearty Mexican fast food.
- Famous Dave’s BBQ – Again, delicious pulled pork, brisket, and potato sides. This restaurant was so nice, we had to eat there twice!
- McDonald’s – A recent favorite, this is the third time we’ve gotten lunch from the Golden Arches in 2011. Can’t beat an old favorite.
Each week, Free Lunch Fridays give us a mid-workday break to relax, talk about our lives outside of work, and of course, stuff our bellies. Rusty always offers to take the customers and phone calls, and the office is transformed into an environment you just won’t find at any other workplace.
Thanks again, Rusty and Marie!